Monday 12 April 2010

Calshot MkII - Narrow gauge stock

After an excellent exhibition at Narrow Gauge South, Sparsholt on my birthday last Saturday, I came home with a Parkside Dundas  WWI WD bogie ambulance van. There was one at Calshot, but was found to derail at the sharp curves so it was used as a store near the engine shed at Eaglehurst 'Top Camp'. It is more than likely that I will in fact put it into service on Calshot MkII and ignore history. Perhaps the wagon was modified to allow it to negotiate the sharp curves?

Also, I have finally got round to starting that Knightwing kit that I bought ages ago for a suitable NG diesel kitbash. Here are the two, uncompleted but mainly painted. A chassis needs to be found for the diesel (think I've found one). Pretty pleased with how it has turned out.

Kindly, Matt has offered to build the 40hp Simplex for me, which, all things being well, should appear on the first week of May.

No comments: