Sunday 18 July 2010

Construction of Calshot - Part 4




Just a small update. The layout has been moved to MkI's legs with a drape around it to win Brownie points! That way I can have it tucked in the corner and can work on it where it is out of the way. Having it like this makes me wonder if I actually need a backscene. Then again, it is not going to be very photogenic without one.

A sluice and little footbridge have been built from left over scraps in the scrap box (funnily enough!). Still needs the mechanism and a spot of weathering. If it's one thing I think will improve my modelling exponentially it is being able to weather objects. I should really buy some appropriate paints and weathering powders and experiment.

I have also started building some quay walls using DAS modelling clay. They won't be glued in place until the trackwork and electrics is done to prevent damage. I will need to score them to represent stones and also paint them at some stage. The photos below should help visualise the progress.

A long way to go, but slowly getting there! Comments welcome.



1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your long links with AdFocus and make cash for every click on your shortened urls.