Tuesday 29 December 2009

Calshot's First Video

Well I decided that I should finally make a video showing Calshot just to see if it was feasible. Why would it not be feasible? This is because of my apalling trackwork! OK, so it's not that bad, but I've recently had problems with dirty point blades from paint (which will need attention soon). Hopefully when the trackwork is cleaned and the fiddle yard finished I can finally have a good running session to try it out before Calshot's second exhibition (in May 2010). And yes, I did say something about a fiddle yard. I have started to build a fiddle yard for Calshot. It's particularly small and comprises of cassettes and a turntable - but not as you know it!

__________________________________

PHOTO: The cassettes are able to rotate 360 degrees and hold a complete train (rolling stock only) The locomotive pulls forward onto the turntable and can be turned if necessary. Then the cassette is moved to the back and an empty one lifted up and placed back in the guide slot for the locomotive to run onto. Wagons are then placed behind the locomotive and it is ready to leave to the scenic section.
__________________________________


4 comments:

Neil said...

I noticed that over on RMweb you were asking about tin turtles; if you're still interested I may be able to help with a drawing. I can be contacted via PM (I'm Neil there too) at this forum which I think you'd enjoy anyway: http://scalerail.phpbbhosts.co.uk/index.php

cheers, Neil

Jam said...

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the offer. I have been told by a member on another forum that the company are in fact still in business - I can't help thinking a drawing might be useful anyway.

Finescale railway modellers - that's a bit out my league - an interesting link though!

Perhaps I could get back to you on RMweb?

Cheers, Jam

Neil said...

I'm afraid that my PM privileges have been revoked over at RMweb (poor attitude to authority and unrepentant with it), but no such problems exist at the infinitely more freewheeling Finescale Forum. Don't worry about the finescale bit, take a look I'm sure you'd fit in.

Neil

Jam said...

No problem.
I would certainly consider joining the forum, perhaps not as SouthernRegionSteam but as Jam since most people know my nickname now (plus its faster to type!)

I do like what I see on the Finescale Forum though, I recognise a few people on there too.

Thanks Neil,
Jam